Amazing local specialties including Hokkien mee, satay, carrot cake, bbq chicken wings, grilled stingray, popiah, fried oyster, and prawn mee are available on a variety of menus at this food court.
In Singapore’s Serangoon Gardens, there is a well-known hawker center called Chomp Chomp Food Centre. It is renowned for its extensive selection of regional Singaporean cuisine, which includes satay, oyster omelet, Hokkien mee, grilled seafood, and many more items. Both residents and visitors like dining at the food center because of its lively environment and reasonable costs. Chomp Chomp Food Centre is a must-visit location for anybody wishing to sample the genuine flavors of Singaporean cuisine thanks to its wide variety of delectable culinary selections and lively ambiance.
|Best for||Satay, BBQ stingray, BBQ chicken wings, Oyster omelette|
|Price Range||S$4-S46 per dish|
|Address||20 Kensington Park Road 557269|
|Nearest MRT||Lorong Chuan|
|Opening Hours||Daily: 4:00 PM – 12:30 AM|
- A hawker center that serves late-night food: Chomp Chomp Food Centre is open every day from 18:00 till late, in contrast to other food centers that are open from morning to evening. So go to Chomp Chomp Food Centre if you’re starving and want to eat some tasty hawker cuisine late at night.
- Serving some of Singapore’s greatest satay: Chomp Chomp Food Centre is considered satay heaven by many foodies in Singapore. There are satay options with pork, beef, chicken, and mutton.
Recommended Food Stalls:
1. Ah Hock Hokkien Noodles (#01-27)
- Recommended dish: Hokkien mee
- Price/pax: S$4 – S$5
2. Ang Mo Kio Carrot Cake (#01-24)
- Recommended dish: Carrot cake
- Price/pax: S$3 – S$5
3. Lucy BBQ Seafood (#01-06)
- Recommended dishes: BBQ stingray, BBQ squid
- Price/pax: S$6 – S$12
4. Chia Keng Fried Hokkien Mee (#01-11)
- Recommended dishes: Traditional Hokkien mee, Hokkien fried prawn mee
- Price/pax: S$4 – S$5
5. Hai Wei Yuan Seafood BBQ (#01-01)
- Recommended dish: BBQ chicken wings
- Price: From $S1.20 onwards
6. Ang Sa Lee Fried Oyster (#01-33)
- Recommended dish: Oyster omelette
- Price/pax: S$4 – S$6
It wasn’t packed in the afternoon (not many shops opened yet) but during dinner time, it was always full. Didn’t really have a chance to eat there anymore these days since it is not really kid’s friendly place. I used to eat there and enjoy the seafood with the queue and a big glass of sugar cane. The place is quite hot since it is an open-air hawker center and most of the food will be BBQ seafood, it will be a sweaty dinner. Nevertheless, it was one of my favorite places to visit for dinner in a group. – William Lou
This is a popular hawker in Serangoon with lots of seafood options specifically. There is a satay shop with exotic satays to pick from which was quite nice. The vibe is pretty chill, it’s also clean and always busy. I would recommend this hawker especially if you’re bringing tourists. The cost is slightly higher compared to other hawkers but good food options! – Jonah Jagadeshan
Surprisingly good chicken. I suggest having a wireless paging system for food collection, rather than table service. I am sure your customers will understand as this is a hawker center, and most shops expected self-service. – Mins Ismadi Sani