Storage space is getting more popular in Singapore because the new developed house are smaller and smaller, we all need extra space to keep our personal staff, which leads to stacks and mountains of clutter in our houses. One option to tidy and save things you can’t get rid of is to engage in storage space company, which are accessible all around Singapore.
All of the storage facilities listed below offer ample storage space and can accommodate plenty of boxes. All of the amenities are included, including air conditioning, 24-hour surveillance, and insurance. Price varies, depending on size of the storage area and the number of goods you have to keep.
How much does storage space rental cost?
Before we get to know the most recommended companies for storage space rentals in Singapore, it is important to have rough idea of how much a rental would cost.
On average, the cost of renting a storage unit in Singapore ranges from $3.50 per square foot to $5.00 per square foot per month for storage units under 200 square feet, and $2.80 per square foot to $4.00 per square foot per month for storage units between 200 and 400 square feet.
However, when it comes to costs, it’s always a good idea to have an open mind because there are other aspects to consider, such as accessibility, climate control, and the length of the rental period.
|Services||Flexible Duration, High – tech Robotics Storage, 24/7 Security and Access, Free Move-In Service, Affordable, Storage Spaces, All day air-con, Trolleys and Ladders Provided, Variety of Storage Space Sizes, Business Storage Spaces, Hot Desking & Workspaces|
|Price Range||Robotics Units: $138/mth|
Self-storage Units: From $98/mth
Hotdesking: From $78/mth
WorkSpace Units: From $398/mth
|Address||107 Eunos Ave 3, #01-02 Store friendly Centre, Singapore 409837|
Storefriendly is Singapore’s first automated self-storage service. Robots transport self-storage containers from safe no-man zones to a terminal where you may retrieve and store your stuff. Accessible via QR code 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In their secure storage facility, your possessions will be kept safe.
Storefriendly empathizes with its consumers and encourages hassle-free packaging by collecting your products from your home. They also provide typical self-storage units ranging in size from lockers to 200 square feet, as well as workspaces ranging in size from hot desking to 400 square foot private workspaces.
To minimize corrosion, mildew, and mold growth, your things will be stored in a temperature-controlled facility. Air conditioning is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in Air conditioning is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in Storefriendly facilities. It’s also beneficial to have a cool, clean environment when attempting to move your possessions into and out of storage.
- 24/7 Security and Access
- High-tech Robotic Storage
- 24/7 Air-Con Storage
- Variety of Storage Sizes
- Free Move-In Service
- Affordable Storage Spaces
- Flexible Storage Durations
The storage space itself was clean and well ventilated, fully airconditioned is a plus point. I would highly recommend storefriendly paya lebar if you are looking to get a unit. – Fiona Poh
Very nice space. Parking is good. Easily accessible, and highly secured. – Mahathir Mohammad
Was attended by James. He is friendly and knowledgeable. Overall experience was pretty gd and we have committed the contract on the spot. – Teo Jasmine
|Services||Personal storage, Business storage, Flexible long and short-term storage lease, Fully air-conditioned storage|
|Address||996 Bendemeer Road #04-05, B Central Singapore 339944|
Self-storage attempts to address the ever-increasing space scarcity that challenges modern life. They offer both short- and long-term storage for both business and personal needs. Clients may visit the area at any time thanks to their excellent, round-the-clock services. They’re also conveniently located in the heart of the city (between the CTE and the PIE) and within easy reach of the Boon Keng MRT station.
Customers like SSTORE, stating that the prices are fair and the facilities are immaculate. The most affordable self-storage near Bendemeer/Kallang Way, according to the majority of customers. Excellent customer service and courteous employees that aren’t pushy when it comes to selling but are willing to go through the current offers, storage tips, and alternatives in depth. Request a quote from them first.
- Top – Notch Premises
- Secure Round-The-Clock Access
- Insurance Coverage
No Reviews Yet as of this Writing
Declutter your home and save space with our storage units
|Services||Personal Storage, Business Storage, Work Store, Transport / Moving Services, Flexible Long / Short-term Storage Lease, Insurance|
|Price Range||To get a free live quotation, visit https://www.ustoreatsg.com/livequoteac.php|
|Contact Details||Tel : +65 64531985|
WhatsApp: +65 90108361
|Address||25 Tagore Lane #04-04/05, Singapore G Building, Singapore 787602|
U-Store@SG is dedicated to providing one-stop space solutions. Their culture is based on excitement, unity, and a positive outlook. With a fantastic facility of both air-conditioned and mechanically vented self storage units, work stores, and services that are important to many, they are always looking for new and improved ways to accomplish the best for their consumers.
In 2007, U-store@SG began offering self-storage services in Singapore to address the rising demand for personal storage. MustardSeed@SG was created in 2015 to help small businesses that wish to bring clients in for private discussions in a quiet atmosphere. It is built on Singapore G’s unique business model of providing flexible Grade-A space in an industrial area at a cheap price.
- Storage Solution
- Storage Sizes
- Virtual Tour
They provide with a Safe, Economical and Flexible Solution for your self storage needs. – Rey Ferera
Centrally located self storage and friendly staff. – Royal Goshen
|Services||Personal storage, Business storage, Household storage, Document storage, Climate-controlled storage, Flexible storage durations, Personalized pin code access, 24/7 Storage access & CCTV surveillance, Free working lounge with Wi-Fi enabled, Free usage of trolleys and ladders, Storage insurance|
|Contact Details||tel:+656282000 or tel:+6580304216|
|Address||3 Depot Close #01-02 Singapore 109840|
Since its inception in 2015, Urban Space Self Storage has grown to become one of Singapore’s premier self-storage companies. Their self-storage services are designed to meet the storage demands of both people and companies, as well as to help with real-world storage difficulties.
Urban Space, conveniently located at 3 Depot Close, offers a wide range of storage options to satisfy a wide range of storage requirements. With storage sizes varying from 9sqft to 140sqft, adjustable storage time, and temperature-controlled storage rooms, clients may store anything from books and papers to furniture and household belongings.
To prevent break-ins and keep items safe, their storage facility has 24-hour video surveillance and security alarms.
- 24/7 Clean, Accessible, Secure
- Wi–fi Enabled Work Lounge
- All–Day Surveillance
Loved his svc n the reasonable proposal and signed for 1 year on same day. Transparent terms helped by his good explains. – Boon Hian Tan
Thanks Weihan, you made it so quick and easy for me to rent a unit! Kudos! – Cassie Cham
Great professional service by Wei Han and Pauline! Had a great tour today! Love the modern, clean and neat storage units! – Timothy Teo
|Services||Storage units, Storage space for households, Storage space for business, Complimentary co-working space, E-commerce, Free WIFI, CCTV, Everyday access, Free use of forklifts, Free size estimation, Free reservations, Storage protection|
|Address||9 Bukit Batok Street 22, Singapore 659585|
10 Chia Ping Rd, Singapore 619978
26 Riverside Rd, Singapore 739084
91 Defu Lane 10, Singapore 539221
20 Old Toh Tuck Rd, Singapore 597655
Mandarin Self Storage is a self-storage property owner, operator, and manager with a fully integrated business strategy located in Asia Pacific. Mandarin Self Storage initially opened its doors in 2016 to meet the growing demand for self-storage in Asia. All of the company’s headquarters are located in Singapore.
Mandarin Self Storage also thinks that owning the land on which we operate is the greatest way to serve the interests of our investors, customers, and staff. This notion establishes a solid foundation for a long-term, successful business.
Furthermore, Mandarin Self Storage participates in strategic collaborative partnerships on a regular basis. Mandarin Self Storage is able to expand its footprint throughout the Asia Pacific area as a result of these agreements.
- Free Wifi
- Pest Control Prevention
- Free Use of Forklift
- Storage Expert
- Free Van Service
- No Deposits
- Everyday Access
- Free Parking
- Aircon Units
- Free Size Estimation
- Free Use of Trolleys
- 24/7 CCTV Monitoring
Cool, easy to park place to store stuff. – Faliq Liq
Very good experience with my first time use and booking of such services. – Chee Siong Cheng
Good service, will consider signing up with them. – Justin
|Services||Storage Space Facility|
|Price Range||$30 for 5 boxes|
|Contact Details||+65 89499039|
They provide the cheapest box storage in Singapore.
The dimensions of their boxes are 58 x 40 x 30cm. The best option for storing items which fit well into boxes.
- Cheapest box storage in Singapore
- Secured Storage Facility
- Free 5 Boxes for Packing!
- One Stop Solution
Great service provided by Jimmy who was quick to reply and flexible to my requirements of storing both boxes and other items. Will definitely use your service in future. – Wilson Low
I had no place to keep a lot of stuff, but SG Box Storage were a life saver for me. They were extremely negotiable and professional. I really thank them for an amazing service and they are highly recommended cause I’m sure I will straight go to them if need be. – Vipul Raj Singh
Engage them for 6 months. Reliable and quick to respond. 10/10 will use their service again. – SL Loh
|Services||Personal storage, Business storage, Document storage, Wine storage, Flexible long and short-term storage lease, 24-Hour storage access, 24/7 CCTV surveillance, Secure Pin code access, Fully air-conditioned storage available, Storage units ranging from 4 to more than 2,000 square feet available|
|Address||743 Lrg. 5 Toa Payoh, Singapore 319457|
StorHub is Singapore’s first and longest-running self-storage service, with 14 conveniently situated locations. They provide a variety of reliable and safe storage solutions to help individuals and companies address storage problems at home and at work. They are devoted to delivering cost-effective and flexible storage durations because storage space is limited, particularly in Singapore.
You can use their safe facilities at any moment if you need more room for your collections, memories, or valuables. Over 10,000 storage spaces, ranging in size from 4 to 2000 square feet, are available at these nearby storage facilities. To keep your possessions safe and secure, all StorHub locations have security and emergency precautions in place, including 24-hour video monitoring, fire protection, and pin code entry.
- 24/7 Secure Access
- Easy Payment Options
- 24 – hour CCTV surveillance
- Extensive Storage Size Range Available
- Friendly and Professional Service
- Flexible Storage Terms
Norleen provided great customer service and her understanding to address any enquiry is highly recommended.thank you Norleen and I look forward in storing my personal items with Storhub. – Ray Hoe
Good service, Siti is very friendly & gives good recommendations. – Ricky Kwek
We had a phenomenal experience with Storhub in Hougang. Junaidah was professional, friendly and extremely helpful! Pricing is competitive, location accessible, clean, secure and well air-conditioned! – Michelle Pearce
|Services||Self Storage units, Storage Space for households, Storage Space for SMEs and E-Retailers, Complimentary working space and wi-fi, Flexible long and short-term storage lease from 14days onwards, 24-Hour storage access, 24/7 CCTV surveillance, Secure Pin code access, Fully air-conditioned storage available|
|Price Range||Locker units from $50/- per month ( 14 sqft )|
Small units from $100/- per month ( 16 sqft – 32 sqft )
Medium units from $170/- per month ( 32 – 42 sqft )
Large units from $200/- per month ( 45 – 65 sqft )
Extra Large units from $270/- per month ( 65 – 120 sqft )
Front Access Units from $475/- per month ( 120 – 200 sqft )
|Contact Details||tel:+65 6727 8181|
|Address||2 Gambas Crescent, Nordcom II, #04-40 Singapore 757044|
Store-Y is a brand new self-storage facility in Nordcom II, located on Gambas Crescent. Store-Y aims to provide low-cost, secure, and accessible storage space for both personal and business needs. Their storage facilities are conveniently located to serve Sembawang, Yishun, Woodlands, and the surrounding areas, and are housed in a brand new facility with 24-hour security.
Store-Y can help you whether you’re moving or remodeling your house. They provide storage for furniture, important papers, and other home things on a temporary basis.
They also provide storage space for hobbyists who collect miniatures or paintings. Your collectibles may be stored in their secure facility, giving you peace of mind that your valuables are protected.
- Wide Range of unit sizes
- 24/7 Access
- Brand new development
- Immediate storage solution
- Round-the-clock security
- Supply of packing materials
Easy access and the staffs is very helpful and friendly. The price is reasonable. Would recommend this place for storage. – Pinky Strife
Joseph has been very pleasant and helpful in addressing my queries and recommending the right storage space/size. Thumbs up! – Justin Chan
Joseph and Sharifah has been helpful with our rentals. We have been renting the storage for almost a yr and continuing for another year. Happy with their service. – Mohd Razi
|Services||Personal storage space, Business storage space|
|Contact Details||tel:+65 6282 3966|
|Address||6 New Industrial Rd #07-03 Hoe Huat Ind Bldg Singapore 536199|
In Singapore, storage space is becoming increasingly popular. Store Room is a well-known self-storage firm in Singapore that lets customers safely and securely store their personal and commercial belongings. Customers may utilize their customized local storage options to keep their things outside of their homes or businesses while they are not in use.
Whether you require long-term or temporary storage in Singapore, their storage facilities may help you free up space in your home or office. You can store almost anything, from priceless antiques to personal belongings and office furniture.
From CUBICLE STORES (12sqft – 19sqft) to Extra big (82sqft – 114sqft), they provide a variety of sizes. You’ll be able to select the right size to keep your belongings.
- Range of sizes available as per your storage requirements
- 24-Hour accessibility to your storage unit for maximum flexibility
- Safe and secure way to store your expensive antiques, collectibles and other goods
- Affordable storage with highly flexible rental terms
- Clean and protected environment with high-end security systems
They provide excellent service and the best price, new and safe place. Strongly recommended. – Wynn Zhou
Personal Storage, Home Furniture Storage, Children’s Item Storage, Wine Storage
Office Document Storage, Warehouse Storage, Office Furniture Storage
|Price Range||Storage By Item|
Small Boxes $4/- per month (350 x 250 x 250mm)
Large Boxes $8/- per month (600 x 350 x 400mm)
Odd Sized Items From $8/- per month (600 x 350 x 400mm) or over 15kg
Storage By Space
Space $55 /- per month (15 sqft)
Space $180/- per month (50 sqft)
Space $300/ – per month (100 sqft)
|Contact Details||tel:+65 3129 4445|
|Address||71 Ayer Rajah Crescent, Suite 06-4/5/6, Singapore 139951|
The BEAM Space mobile app provides you a complete view of your BEAM inventory, including photos of each item. You may schedule a pickup or delivery of your items via the app with as little as 4 hours’ notice.
You may also organize your possessions in any way that makes sense to you, and write extensive descriptions for each stored item to help you remember what you have (for example, a description of what is in each box). They may also provide more granular inventory management for their commercial and corporate customers, such as keeping track of quantities by SKU.
- Offers a BEAM mobile app to save time, schedule a pick up and delivery to any location and door – to – door.
- 24/7 Access and controls
- The cost of storage is completely dependent on the number of items you intend to store.
- Flexible storage space solution
- 24/7 security and only accessible by authorised BEAM personnel only.
With BEAM, I never worry about having storage issues of my precious items because I can always turn to them for assistance. 11/10 recommend their affordable yet quality services. – Melody Poh
They are very professional. Did a great job . I am very satisfied with their performance. I highly recommend them. – Aviv Zafrir
These guys are great. Phenomenal service at a competitive price. – Jason Giambona
|Services||Personal storage, Enterprise storage, Short term storage, Storage facilities|
|Contact Details||6562226212 |
|Address||12 Hoy Fatt Road #06-01, Singapore 159506|
1100 Lower Delta Road #04-01, EPL Building
Eastern Holdings Pte Ltd, a property development, investment, and publishing firm, owns SelfStore. The current real estate activity of the company is a logical extension of its self-storage business, with the goal of providing better and more value-added solutions for both personal and commercial needs.
The company’s mission is to provide easy and uncomplicated storage solutions with customizable storage durations and appealing Prices for your daily access (24/7) and convenience with prime locations (just off CBD) that are readily accessible from the highway and by public transit. They take pride in offering facilities that are exceptionally CLEAN, SAFE, and SECURE, as well as knowledgeable and friendly staff to assist you in selecting the best storage choice. Their main objective is to make your storage experience as stress-free as possible while still delivering the results you desire.
- Easy Storage
- Room Storage
- Good Customer Service
- Flexible Rental
- Flexi Payment
- 24 – hour Accessibility
- Safe and Secure
- Packing materials for sale
Very convenient self-storage. – Robert Lai
|Services||At Extra Space Asia, we offer a wide range of storage solutions to cater to the growing lifestyle demands and storage needs of individuals and businesses. Our storage solutions include the following:|
· Personal & Business Storage (customers have the option to choose from an array of storage types – ranging from non-air-conditioned, and air-conditioned and dehumidified spaces)
· Wine Storage offers both locker and walk-in cellars fitted with industry-grade shelving. We offer complimentary use of wine tasting room at selected facilities, offering a private and cozy ambience for wine collectors and customers.
· Drive- up storage provide easy access for customers to load and unload their goods.
· Premium storage comes with individual unit lighting, air-conditioning, dehumidifiers and premium interior finishes for an enhanced experience.
· E-Valet, our box storage solution offers customers a hassle-free, end-to-end storage solution. Customers can sign up online and have boxes delivered to their homes and returned to the facility for storage. Our E-Valet storage starts from $5 per box/ month. Click here to find out more: https://valet.extraspaceasia.com.sg/
· E-Station serves the needs of e-commerce business through an electronic locker system that makes self-collection easier and more accessible.
· Executive Storage offers a hybrid workspace for professional, entrepreneurs and business owners to work, collaborate and store all in one place.
· Smart Storage, our latest storage solution that allows customers the convenience of forgoing the traditional lock and key, with the replacement of smart locks. This makes it more convenient and secure when customers access the storage doors.
· E-Move, our newly launched moving service, provides customers a holistic end-to-end experience and is catered towards those who require professional moving solutions to transport their belongings.
|Price Range||Our self-storage prices start from as low as $34/month.|
Alternatively, customers can also choose our E-Valet storage which starts from as low as $5 per box/ month.
|Contact Details||+65 6771 3100|
|Address||301 Boon Keng Road Singapore 339779|
Extra Space Asia has firmly established its place as the dominant self-storage operator in Asia with over 60 storage facilities, and over 1.5 million square feet of self-storage space across 6 countries. They are humbled to have been voted as Singapore’s Number 1 Self-Storage brand for 4 consecutive years since 2018.
They have a total of 10 storage facilities conveniently located around Singapore. With storage sizes starting from as small as 6 square feet to as large as 500 square feet. The storage duration is also highly flexible, from two weeks to as long as required. Customers can also upsize or downsize their storage space any time they want. Extra Space Asia storage facilities are open 24/7 and also equipped with a state-of-the-art 24-hour security system integrated with the personalized access system.
- New and Simple Box Storage
- Move in for $1 Today
- Executive Storage
Very happy with their service. I would not hesitate to recommend my friends to Extra Storage in future. – Lynn W
Excellent service, friendly staff and very affordable. Highly recommended! – Victor Heng
Service was prompt and detailed explanation by Derek. Highly recommend. – Chunkiat Tay
|Services||We are connecting the owners of unused spaces with locals who need storage. We make sure finding and booking the storage space is fast, easy and safe.|
|Contact Details||+6531594408 or +6582400507|
Cubbiq is a storage marketplace connecting the owners of unused spaces with locals who need storage. They make sure finding and booking the storage space is fast, easy and safe. In Cubbiq they believe in sustainability and rational environment use. They see great value in putting empty spaces to use instead of building new ones. They also believe in inclusive, sustainable and strong urban communities where all members benefit from being a part of it.
So they’ve created a platform connecting the community members who have empty space with people who need it for storage. To make the process smooth and hassle-free, they verify their users, secure the payments, ensure the stored items and offer support via email, or phone to make sure you have an amazing experience. They make finding storage space simple.
|Services||Storage Space for household, commercial and ecommerce logistics|
|Price Range||Starts from $48|
|Contact Details||+65 97563849|
|Address||362 Upper Paya Lebar Road|
1 stop storage space, ecommerce fulfillment and mover.
|Services||Storage & Moving services|
|Price Range||70 – 250 per month (20 sqft & 100 sqft)|
|Contact Details||+65 8923 3963|
|Address||18 Boon Lay Way, #04-94 Tradehub 21, Singapore 609966|
EZ Storage is one-stop storage and moving service provider, hassle-free storage services which start from a minimum of only one month. Storage extension is allowed for each month until the request for termination, after which they will deliver the items back to you. Their professional storage moving specialist will provide labour to transport, dismantling/re-assembling services, and also wrapping up your furniture.
Their smallest storage space starts from 20 sqft, and there is no limitation on sizes; their storage facilities can accommodate up to 100,000 SQFT of space. They are able to cater to 24-hour pickup services; whilst storage is not accessible, they are able to deliver back your items back when you request for termination.
So that concludes our recommended storage space rental companies in Singapore. Know someone that should belong on the list? Give us a message, and we’d like to find out more about them.
Need help in choosing the perfect storage space? Read on for our detailed tips below.
Factors to Consider Before Renting a Storage Space Unit
Self-storage facilities provide short- and long-term storage solutions for household, personal, and business items.
You may store your possessions in a self-storage facility whether you’re a small company owner keeping paperwork or a new homeowner waiting for renovations to be finished.
Aside from making sure the unit you rent is safe and secure, there are a few more self-storage space services to look at before you sign a contract:
- Accessibility: Is the facility open 24 hours a day, seven days a week? Make sure you have access to your items when you need them.
- Security: Locks, video surveillance, in-person surveillance, and security gates or doors all provide security for your valuables.
- Pricing: To get the most bang for your buck, ask about specials and online discounts, and make a note of any pricing fluctuation in the contract.
- Availability: If you want a certain unit size or type, be sure your storage facility has one available.
- Location: While a facility closer to a city may be more convenient, it may also be more expensive. Based on how frequently you require access to your unit, strike a balance between convenience and cost.
- Reviews: What current and previous consumers have to say counts. Any self-storage facility with obnoxious employees, robbery complaints, or one-star ratings should be crossed off your list.
What do you need when renting a storage space unit?
What are the requirements for renting a storage unit? Prepare to present some identification: in order to rent a storage container, you must produce a legitimate, government-issued form of identity. You’ll also be required to sign a storage unit agreement or contract (which you should read from beginning to finish!) and adhere to the regulations outlined in it.
Storage Space Costs
The cost of a storage unit is determined by the unit’s size and the length of time you want to keep your belongings there. Many self-storage space facilities offer month-to-month contracts, but signing up for a longer period might save you money.
The price of your storage space unit will also be determined by whether it is inside or outside, whether it has drive-up access, and whether you want climate control. A lot depends on where you are.
Transporting your items to Storage Space Units
While your car’s trunk capacity may be sufficient, we recommend taking advantage of complimentary truck rentals offered by some self-storage businesses. A truck rental allows you to transfer all of your bulky things in one load, reducing the amount of time (and stress) it takes to move into or out of your apartment.
Climate Controlled Storage Space Units
While temperature control benefits all of your things, it’s especially vital for items like clothes and furniture to avoid mold and mildew growth. Climate-controlled storage containers protect your most valuable items from severe heat, cold, and humidity.
Climate-controlled containers are more expensive than normal storage, but the extra expense is well worth it to ensure that temperatures and humidity do not fluctuate or fall significantly enough to harm your belongings.
We recommend storing the following products in climate-controlled storage:
- Furniture made of wood and leather
- Clothing/ Photos/ Artwork/ Electronics /Instruments
- Appliances for the home
Working in Storage units
Don’t utilize your storage container as an office, no matter how tempting it seems. Living or working in a storage unit is against the law and a breach of your lease agreement.
Your unit, on the other hand, may be used to store files and other business-related items. Furthermore, many storage facilities provide business centers on-site where you may work, print papers, and send goods. That’s a huge improvement to working in a dark, windowless cave!
Maximizing your storage space unit
Did you know that by properly packing your items, you may be able to rent a smaller storage unit? Knowing how to pack is one of the easiest ways to save money on storage unit prices.
Stack your belongings. High ceilings are common in storage units. Stackable containers and furnishings should be used to completely occupy the area. Dismantle large pieces of furniture. Remove chair and table legs to save space when stacking and storing furniture. Don’t leave any empty spots. To save space, fill dressers or wardrobes with smaller items. You don’t want to have to unpack your entire storage container every time you need anything. Allow for easy access to your items.
Prohibited items in Storage space units
Storage units are designed to keep items such as furniture, papers, and clothing in both the home and the workplace. They’re not made for poisonous, hazardous, or living things. Here are some instances of stuff you should not keep:
- Items that are flammable or combustible
- Hazardous substances
- Bug-attracting foods or things
- Things that are alive (e.g., plants, animals, humans)
Full Service Storage and Self Storage
Consider the following two categories of storage solutions when deciding what form of storage you require:
Full Service Storage
Customers of a full-service storage facility can take use of “valet-style” services. A full-service storage company’s idea is that they will pick up and deliver your items to the storage facility. Many full-service storage facilities also allow customers to request and schedule pick-ups and returns from their smartphones. Hiring a full-service storage business eliminates the need for the consumer to transport their belongings to the storage facility. Many full-service facilities will photograph and record your possessions as well. If you forget what’s in storage, all you have to do is glance at a photo or check your online inventory list.
Self-storage is without a doubt the most popular storage option. These facilities provide a safe, secure, and cost-effective method to store personal possessions as well as bigger objects like boats. Customers who use self-storage must transport their things to the storage unit themselves. When they want to take something out of storage, they do it themselves. Because self-storage services do not maintain track of what is inside a storage unit, customers need document their own goods. It’s also worth noting that self-storage is typically less expensive than full-service storage, making it more tempting to people on a budget.
What should you do to prepare your belongings for long-term storage?
Don’t just toss your belongings into a storage container at random. The greatest approach to preserve goods in prime condition for lengthy periods of time is to properly prepare them for storage. Here are some suggestions for preparing your items for long-term storage.
- Read up on the regulations and limitations – When it comes to using your storage unit, the storage company most likely has a set of regulations and limits. Before placing goods in storage, be sure you know what is and isn’t permitted. Fireworks, chemicals, and other potentially hazardous materials are not permitted inside a storage container. Anything combustible, as well as perishable food, is strictly prohibited.
- Take inventory of your possessions — If you want to store items for an extended period of time, you’ll need to compile a comprehensive inventory record of everything you own. Otherwise, you’ll forget what you put in storage (believe us). For insurance considerations, we recommend writing everything down and taking photographs. So you don’t lose track of your stuff, keep all of your pictures and an inventory list in one location.
- Clean objects before storing them – If necessary, wipe down and/or clean goods before storing them. Clothes should be washed and dried, cushions and furniture should be vacuumed, and boxes should be disinfected. Make sure nothing is moist; else, your possessions may become mildewed.
- Disassemble furniture — Before storing furniture for an extended period of time, ensure sure it is disassembled. Before installing some furniture pieces inside the unit, you may wish to wrap them in protective wrap (for example, headboards, table legs, and mirrors). As previously said, dismantling furniture frees up more floor space for boxes and other items. Consider how you can utilize a table or large piece of furniture to hold possessions if it doesn’t come apart. A dining table, for example, can be utilized as a box shelf.
- Pack everything extremely carefully – all smaller goods should be packed in strong cardboard boxes or transparent plastic containers. Plastic containers allow you to view what’s inside more easily, while cardboard boxes are less expensive — the option is yours. Pack your belongings as though you were making a genuine relocation. This entails the use of anything from bubble wrap and plastic wrap to packing paper and adhesive. Mirrors, televisions, and artwork should all be packed in the right boxes. This should keep your belongings from breaking both in transportation and in storage.
- Label everything — If you don’t want to lose track of what’s where, it’s critical that you label each box with the contents. Make sure the designated section of the box faces the front of the storage container and is labeled with a permanent marker or printed labels. Many people find that numbering each box and writing the contents on a separate sheet of paper works well for labeling. Box 1: ten everyday dishes; Box 2: a dozen wine glasses; Box 3: wedding picture albums; Box 4: books (mention particular titles); Box 5: Christmas tree ornaments, and so forth. Make a copy of the inventory list and keep it somewhere accessible.
- Finally, be smart about how you arrange stuff within the storage container. Mirrors and artwork, for example, should be hung vertically rather than horizontally. Fragile things should be put higher up in the box to avoid being crushed by heavier objects. Make sure to store goods you use the most regularly towards the front of the storage container so you can quickly access them. Items that you don’t use often should be stored at the rear. Consider putting a step stool inside your storage unit to make it simpler to reach high-up boxes and goods.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I look for when renting a storage unit?
-Choose a storage facility that provides top-notch security for both the property and individual units
-Access and Assistance After Hours.
-Climate-Controlled Storage Units.
How secure are storage units?
– Strong perimeter fencing
– Well-lit facility
– Surveillance and surveillance monitoring
– A one-of-a-kind access code
– Locks held by the renter (only you have the key or code)
What is storage rental services?
You might be interested in